POR Handbook, Information about Optional Benefits Payment, Agreement and Revocation Forms, Information contained in this section includes:
- POR Board Meeting agenda: (.pdf)
July 6, 2015
- POR Board Meeting minutes: (.pdf)
June 15, 2015
May 18, 2015
April 20, 2015
March 12, 2015
February 16, 2015
January 26, 2015
December 15, 2014
November 17, 2014
October 20, 2014
September 19, 2014
August 18, 2014
July 21, 2014
June 23, 2014
- POR Annual Acturarial Valuation Report
FY 2013 POR Annual Valuation
FY 2012 POR Annual Valuation
- POR Handbook is
a detailed description about the rules and regulations of the Peace Officers'
Retirement (POR) System. Complete with a section of most common questions
and answers, the POR handbook is a must for a retired or soon to be retired
officer. This handbook was revised in accordance with law changes of the
80th General Assembly, 2004 Session. Iowa Code Chapter 97A and Administrative
Rules regulate the Peace Officers' Retirement, Accident and Disability Stytem.
- Optional Benefits. This site offers commonly asked questions and forms for optional retirement. The Peace Officers' Retirement System offers several alternative benefit packages which may be selected in lieu of the standard service retirement benefits. The POR Handbook offers a brief explanation of each option.
- These forms my be downloaded and sent to the address below:
Peace Officers' Retirement System
Administrative Services Division
Iowa Department of Public Safety
215 East 7th Street, 4th Floor
Des Moines, IA 50319
Adobe Acrobat Reader is needed to view or print documents published in .pdf format. This software can be obtained for free from the Adobe Software Website.
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or
Contact our retirement benefits officer at (515)725-6248 for questions
or additional information regarding the Iowa Department of Public Safety
Peace Officers' Retirement, Accident and Disability System.